What if you could progress your school support career, develop your skills AND improve your earning potential – would you do it?
Our online Level 4 Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) qualification course has been designed for those who have a passion for working with children and wish to progress to the next level, enabling you to move beyond your current teaching assistant role.
And the good news is you can complete this at your own pace, in your own time and from the comfort of your own home!
Our teaching assistant course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, the skills and the training to address challenges within the workplace and enhance your understanding of how to effectively support your students.
From one-to-ones to small groups to supporting students with a variety of additional needs; by the end of this course you will feel confident in your ability to support, guide and influence the minds of those you teach, so you can take greater responsibility in the classroom.
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant
What you'll learn
This course will:
- Enable you to combat workplace challenges by developing your knowledge, understanding and skills
- Broaden your knowledge on how to support individuals, small groups and those with additional needs
- Increase your responsibility levels within the classroom by enabling you to assist the teacher with lesson planning, creating support materials and managing other support staff
- Enable you to work with teachers to raise teaching standards within the school as well as ensure students are able to reach their true potential
- Boost your earning potential and salary grade
Duration study load
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are no requirements to have completed any courses to be able to enrol on this course. You do not have to be employed as a teaching assistant, either.
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date; many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14-day money back guarantee or course switch
The course is assessed based on a series of written assignments and questions (requiring descriptive answers) that will test your course knowledge on a unit by unit basis. Within these assignments, you will need to be able to demonstrate your knowledge to your personal tutor, as well as be able to reflect on your practice when applied within the workplace.
Is this a full qualification?
This is a fully accredited course, following the Ofqual qualification framework and certificated by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
How long will my certificate take to arrive?
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).
- Communicating Effectively and Sensitively with Children, Young People, Colleagues, Parents and Carers
- Encouraging Children’s Positive Behaviour to Maintain Positive Relationships
- The Importance of Communication and Being Professional in Your Approach to Working Relationships
- The National Curriculum
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) Legislation and Codes of Practice
- ICT Curriculum
- Curriculum Planning
- Delivery of Learning Activities
- What Type of Support is Required
- Risks and Hazards
- Health and Safety
- Safety Equipment
- Basic Principles & Stages of Children’s and Young People’s Development
- What is a ‘Safe and Healthy’ Environment
- Stages of Development
- Physical Development and Skills
- Communication and Intellectual Development
- Social and Emotional Development
- Supporting Children and Young People through Transitions in their Lives
- The Importance of Parents and Carers in the Development and Well-Being of Children and Young People
- Accessing and Evaluating Emerging Theory and Practice to Develop Professionally and Update Your Knowledge and Practice
- Knowing How to Use ICT to Support Professional Activities
- Evidencing the Required Qualifications
- What are Equality and Diversity?
- Multi-Agency Teams
- Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Models of Disability
- How Do We Communicate Effectively and Develop Working Relationships with Other Practitioners and Professionals?
- Removing Barriers to Learning for Pupils with Communication and Interaction Difficulties
About Association of Learning
Association of learning offer quality courses which are compliant with current regulations and updated on a regular basis. Our team have a combined knowledge of 25 years in the learning sector, leading the way with progression.
Our systems are built around the latest e-learning technology to provide the best learning experience. If we can't beat our competition, we'll provide your learning free of charge on like for like courses.
“To modernise learning, making it affordable and achievable to all. Increasing quality, connecting people and working hard to make sure our learners complete”